|Thoughts on the Game of Golf|
I keep a list of thoughts stored away in mind...some of them are swing thoughts but most are thoughts on patience, composure and waiting. If you are even a little interested you might take a minute or two to read:
- The longer the list of swing thoughts the worse the results. Keep it simple.
- Golf is a game played with rules and a person that is relaxed and comfortable in their own skin plays a better game that one that is tied up in knots.
- Golf truly is played in the 6 inches between our ears.
- The game of golf is not about you. If you are throwing a temper tantrum it ruins everyone's game...not just yours.
- Golf is about momentum. Keeping on the move does help one's game.
- Keeping one's focus will help everyone around you. No notice taken of a bad shot is better than pity.
- Waiting is good for one's soul. It takes patience and composure to wait with grace. Impatience just makes you crazy!
- Forgiving oneself is hard but necessary. A slight by a playing partner is not important but what we think about our self is.
- In the game of golf we always compete with our self. If we are keeping track of someone else's score, something is wrong.
- Even though we play against our self, I always remember that if we also compete in the game with others, trust is involved. A cheater only cheats them self and the person that calls someone else a cheater is an unhappy person.
Just add these thoughts to the game of life. No wonder the 1st Tee program for young people is so important.