|English: Stack of books in Gould's Book Arcade, Newtown, New South Wales (NSW), Australia. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
I don't know if you have been watching but my slideshow of books from Amazon that I display in the sidebar just keeps, growing and growing. I really want to own a paper version of everyone of those books but there are #rules you know...even when you buy a book.
Let me see if I can explain. My daughter has rules for napping on weekend. The nap can only be so long, outside of the covers, with the curtains open and so the list goes. That is the thing about buying books. If you don't have rules, you will have a house full of books and no place to sit and read them.
- Only buy a book if you think about it for a while and still want it.
- Always buy a book that is on your wish list and is then recommended by someone else.
- If you will go back to a book after you have read it to use a quote, it is ok to buy that book.
- Limit the number of unread books you have on your Kindle or in your book bag...10 or less is a good idea.
- If a book is a big prize winner (Pulitzer, Booker, etc.) buy it and treasure it.
- Don't buy books that the library can lend you if you really don't care about keeping it but still want to read.