9 Steps to a Perfect Day with Grandma!
I know that no one is actually really interested in my grandchildren. There has to be more to the story they than "Aren't they just darling?" I suppose that it goes without saying. But planning a successful day of fun with little people can be tricky. I have been doing it for so long that I suppose I should share what I have learned. After a while it becomes easy as pie. A day like mine does not leave you exhausted and a basket case. Here are steps 1-9:
- Eat. At our house very visit starts with snow toast...it doesn't matter what time they come or if they have had breakfast. It is just a part of the routine and they love it.
- Play with toys...clean up toys (set the timer or something so they are motivated.)
- Talk a little.
- Draw and color. My grandchildren know where these supplies are kept. I give the oldest a clip board because he is the big boy. The others will get one as they grow up more. They draw and color and I stand with them a watch. I would not need to do that but it is just fun.
- Play outside We walk and in the summer they play in the dirt or the water. I sit and watch.
- Eat...again! It is time now for lunch or a snack.
- Read. If they are staying for naptime it is just a given that they need a book before they go done.
- Nap (for them and grandma too).
- Send them home...keep something like a piece of candy or a small treat to send them home with. Otherwise they will not want to go home...and you really don't want them to come and live at your house do you?
|The dirt is the best of all. I picked up gloves and even|
small trowels so they have their own stuff.