|Looking UP by b+|
It occurred to me that I don't really fit into any mold. You should not assume anything about me. Honestly, I am what I am. In fact, probably for the first time in my life, that statement is absolutely true. I am no longer the dominant mother or wife or teacher. What I am is just....well me! It is a very good thing.
So I have decided that I am going to use a different way to define myself. To begin with these are the facts:
- I love to travel. The world is my home and I find myself visualizing myself staying forever in the the place where I sleep at night.
- My closet if full of art supplies and my greatest joy is creating.
- The friends I enjoy are of all ages.
- The need for learning is burned deep into my soul and while I may read a lot of fluff, I am never happier than when I am digging for something that I don't understand.
- I am the most comfortable inside the cover of a book and can remember the names and authors of books I read since I began reading. Those names clutter my mind but also give me a sense of place somehow.
- A day without a goal or a job of some type is not a very good day. I love to work physically very hard. Those days are my happiest.
- A job well done gives me great pleasure. Writing is a job of sorts for me...or at least I look at it that way.
- I am a woman that loves beautiful things, clothes shopping and a day getting my nails and hair done.
- I have a room in our house called the garden room and we dine formally in that room. It is my favorite place.
- Music fills my day...all kinds of music. I never get enough.
- I love TV...a lot. There is something about a story that is fascinating for me.
- Pinterest gives me a lot of pleasure because it just satisfies my need to see other peoples aesthetic.
- I am in love with my husband.
- My family is very important to me.
Here's to new beginnings!