- Go to the bank and get the cash for what you can afford to spend.
- Limit the number of stores you will visit...make a list.
- Limit the amount of time you will spend in each store.
- Don't go shopping unless you have a specific need. Shopping when you are frugal cannot be your entertainment.
- Make a list of the items you need.
- Pre-shop for those big items online so you can make sure you are getting a good price at the store. Take shipping into account when you jot the price down on your list.
- Look for coupons online and in the paper. Always take into account the distance you will have to drive for a good deal. Gas is expensive.
- If you love something but it costs too much, wait for a while and shop outlet stores. Marshalls, Home Goods and Ross can have that very item for much less.
- Think outside the box...if you are shopping for light fixtures, for example, be sure to check outdoor lighting. Look in the men's department for unisex clothes...they charge men less for the same items
- Never throw a receipt away...not for a long time. An item that doesn't work or breaks after a short period of time can be returned. I am told that places like Costco will take things back after the warranties have expired no questions asked.
Have a wonderful week.