Being a Snowbird: Is it the right choice for you? was the title of the interview that contained 8 thought provoking questions. Bob submitted the questions ahead of time and I wrote the answers at my leisure. Writing for an interview is one of those interesting experiences I wish everyone could have. I think you learn a lot about yourself when you begin answering questions about your lifestyle and the world you live in. And that was not even the best part. When the comments began coming in, it turned out that people had other questions on their mind.
- What do you do with your mail when you are gone 6 month?,
- Are people in Arizona friendlier than in Oregon?,
- How do you take care of taxes and do you pay taxes in both places?,
- What about licensing your car?,
- Will I be able to stand living in a small space with my husband and a dog?,
- How do I convince my "homebody wife" to travel with me?,
- Isn't having two places twice as much work?,
- Will you call me and have tea when you get back to Oregon?
I wrote a response to each question and you can visit Being a Snowbird on Satisfying Retirement anytime. I think you will enjoy it.
Oh, by the way, I love your comments or questions so don't hesitate to click on the comments and fire away.
Bob Lowry is a fellow blogger and has written a book called Building a Satisfying Retirement that is available on Amazon. (The ad in the sidebar will take you to the Amazon information.) He is also included in a book called 65 Things to Do When You Retire, 65 Notable Achievers on How to Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life