- Interest rates for those of us with good credit are REALLY LOW!
- The gadgets on cars are absolutely amazing. Because the interest is low we can afford better stuff. Blue Tooth, Alarm Systems, Tire Pressure Warnings, Sound System that searches for the kind of music you want, 4 wheel drive, etc.
- More power! We purchases a Subaru Outback Limited. We found the size and configuration to be perfect and the 2.5i 4 cylinder had a lot more power that the old Forester.
- Our American Express Credit Card paved the way for Fleet pricing on the car saving us several thousand dollars.
- We discovered that we we could do most of our research and decision making before we even left home. By going to American Express Auto Purchase Program, we could compare prices, amenities and view the interior of all those cars we felt might be in the running. That site is available to you even if you don't have a card. This is good information to have even if you don't have the card. More information makes you a better bargainer.
- The warranty we got this time was 6 years. We both like that a lot.
- We are a lot smarter...we did not get the service package when we found out it would only save us $70 over the length of it's use. Ask how much it will save you. The service package was only good at the dealership we bought it at.
- Sales practices by car salesmen may have changed in the last nine years...for the better. At any rate it worked that way for us.
- We discovered that you can get a good price even if you don't trade your car in and it is a whole lot easier. We liked that a lot.
- Dealers will take your credit card for $2000 on the down payment. Airline miles are a good thing.
Incidentally, Brian at Royal Moore Subaru in Hillsboro, Oregon is a very good person to deal with.